What awards are there in the Australian Honours System?
Who can be nominated to receive Awards in The Order of Australia?
- Any Australian citizen can be nominated to receive an Award.
- Any non-citizen can be nominated for an ‘ honorary ‘ Award.
Who can nominate people for Awards?
- Any Australian can nominate a person for an Award.
Who selects recipients of Awards?
- The independent Council of The Order of Australia conducts the selection process and makes recommendations to the Governor-General.
Who is eligible to join the Association?
- Any recipient of an Award in The Order of Australia can join the Association.
Where are the Association branches located?
- Branches are located in each State and Territory and in United Kingdom.
- Some States and the Northern Territory have regional or district sub-groups.
- Further information can be found on each State and Territory page.
How do I join?
- If you are eligible you can join by filling out our online membership form located here.
- Further information
What activities or events are being undertaken?
- National events can be seen on the News & Events page.
- State and Territory upcoming events can be found on each State and Territory page.
How do I replace lost Insignia or Lapel Pins?
- Replacement Insignia and Lapel Pins can be obtained from:
The Order of Australia
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Telephone: (02) 6283 3533