Membership of the Association is restricted to those honoured by the Order, including recipients of honorary awards.
Membership benefits include:
- be part of a national-wide group numbering in excess of 8,000 interesting motivated, high-achieving community members.
- participate in and give further service to the community through Branch projects
- encourage and assist with honours nominations for a broad and diverse cross section of Australians who have gone above and beyond in their community contributions.
- sponsor or mentor young people with the potential to achieve in certain fields of endeavour.
- develop future leaders in the community by contributing to higher education scholarships and student awards and projects through tax deductible donation.
- hear stimulating speakers, through Branch and Regional Group activities, and access places of interest not generally open to the public.
- network with members from other State and Territory Branches, and Regional Groups at the annual National Conference which rotates through each of the capital cities on a yearly basis.
- receive “The Order” national magazine quarterly in e-version or hard copy.
- receive e-News from National and Branch e-newsletters and event invitations.
- mix socially at stimulating events and functions organised by Branches and Regional Groups for their members.
Membership is a part of the National Association, but for administrative and participation purposes, members are aligned to a state or territory in Australia. There are two overseas branches – Europe or North America. Members may also be aligned to a regional group in those states that have them. Members who live in one state may choose to ‘align’ with another regional group, particularly where a neighbouring regional group exists. However, only one state alignment is possible. To download a copy of the membership invitation, please click here.
Members may elect to be admitted as an annual member, three-year member or life member either by one, two or four instalments
Membership is administered by the National Office.
As a member of the association, you may order 6 replacement Lapel Pins per year direct from Government House.
Call (02) 62833659. Visa and MasterCard accepted