Any Australian may nominate any fellow Australian for an award within The Order of Australia.
The nomination and selection process is independent of Government with nomination administration being conducted by the Honours Secretariat of the Governor-General’s staff and selection being made by the independent Council of The Order of Australia.
The most current information and appropriate nomination forms are available from the Honours Secretariat website on the links below:
- Background – The Honourable Shane L Stone AC PGDK QC. – Chairman of the Council for The Order of Australia
- What is an Order of Australia Award – Advice from the Association
- Order of Australia Nomination Process and Information
- Nomination Form – Online Form
- A Short Informal Guide prepared by the Association
- Referee Guidelines